CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

First Day of School



The first day of school was actually last Tuesday, but as you can tell blogging hasn't been on the top of my list. Anyhow, I think I might have been more nervous about it than them, just so weird to have Anna gone all day and Lily in school at all. Serious butterflies people! Anna had a bit of a meltdown that morning because in her words she thought her dress made her look "dorky". They wear uniforms starting in kindergarten at their school. We convinced her that she looked nothing like a dork and off she went on her adventure into 1st grade with no hesitation what so ever. She is totally into school and I know it sounds crazy but just in the week she has been back she has already seemed to excel in her reading and explained to me how white blood cells help fight bacteria!


Lily went later that afternoon to pre-k and you could see the excitement and nervousness in her eyes all at the same time. I wasn't really expecting be emotional about it since I just been there done that with Anna a few years back, but I started to tear up as soon as we exited the building. It hit me like a ton of bricks, my girls are growing up and there is nothing I can do to stop it or slow it down. It's hard letting go of them. I only hope I can truly cherish these days when they still need me so much, because I feel them letting go of me a little more each day.
So in August we also celebrated our ninth anniversary, Chris's 34th birthday, Stella's 1st, the girls first day of school and also Chris is going back to school taking 9hours, so it seems a little crazy around here at the moment! We'll get the hang of it soon.

7 comments:

The Mossmans said...

Both girls look so grown up (and seriously cute, btw)! Why do they have to get so big?

lifeinsuburbia said...

I swear Anna looks like she is going into 6th grade, and Lily! How is our little baby Lily old enough for school? Crazy! We can't wait to be there to carpool with you guys!

Sherry said...

Such adorable girls! How fun to have Brooke close to you again!

ginny said...

ummm, no!!! Lily looks so old and so little all at the same time! My God it is soooo sad!
*crying*

kristi said...

Ashli, I finally figured out how to leave a comment! I love this blog - I check it weekly. The girls all look so beautiful and grown up - you are definitely doing a wonderful job as mommy. You will be hearing from me more often now! Love you all, Kristi Rhoton

Anonymous said...

Lily's smile is a mix of happy and sad. Por thing, it's so hard for them to be brave. Maybe little Stelly will stay a baby forever!

Anonymous said...

That was me up there.