CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

blah, blah, blah

I have really non exciting news to report, haven't been in a blogging mode for a while....So here's the latest......

*Really glad the Christmas break is officially over, seemed like an eternity, could've had to do with fact that we were out for an entire week in the beginning of December for that damn ice storm.

*And speaking of ice storms, we are still staring at the massive heaps of limbs, and well, unfortunately whole tress that were uprooted all over my street, the damn city needs to get here soon, it looks as if beavers have tried to build dams all up and down the median. Ugly!

*Christmas was nice, but this year I decided I am not a huge fan. I think it's more stress than it than it's worth, some of this could be due to the fact that we don't have any sort of "real" relationship with my family (you know the ones) and I see no point in pretending for such a special day. I almost backed out and then decided what the hell, we'll give it a go and spend time with them and it wasn't quite that bad, but still a little strained. They were certainly on better behavior this year compared to the last.

*There was a manhunt on my street yesterday morning, that was crazy, about 25 police cars, K9 units, helicopters, motorcycles, undercover suvs, the whole works, lasted for about an hour. I had gone out because I kept hearing the ghetto bird circling and saw all this commotion and this officer zooms up and tells me to get inside and lock all my doors, there is an armed, dangerous suspect in the area. Alrighty then, hello ghetto! They finally found the seriously scary looking guy in my neighbor's garage. So all ended well.

*Anna has a majorly swollen lymph node, that the doctor is concerned with and wants us to keep tabs on.....scary, but sure it's probably fine.

* Going to vegas with some of the hens and hubbies in like 9 days. Christmas surprise from Chris, so looking forward to that! Words cannot describe my excitement!

*And some of the biggest news of all is that little Stella Rose is officially not taking a bottle anymore and is drinking milk from a cup like a big girl, tear tear, sniff sniff.

That'll be about it for now or all that I can think of anyways, see not very exciting I know, sorry.

4 comments:

The Mossmans said...

Well it's about time you updated your blog...I swear, you and Summer! :)

I have to agree that Xmas break seemed to last forever. So glad to be getting back into a routine and I know you are too. Here's to an awesome 2008!

ginny said...

you should have posted pics of the manhunt! I love the pic of the perp with his wild ass hair. Thank you for finally posting, I was wondering if you were closing up shop. And I'm so with you on the Christmas thing. My goal at this point is to make fun memories for my kids, period. Maybe we'll be less Scrooge-like in a few years.

ashli said...

For sure next year will be better, we'll say it screw it to our families and make our thing happen for real! Promise! And I think I might post pics of the excitement, just thought you all would laugh at my dork ass!

Sherry said...

we had a fugitive hide in our backyard once (like 20 years ago when in California)...absolutely scared the crap out of me. Fun to hear an update!